Statistics Canada is gathering information from families who use child care as well as those who do not. The survey, which addresses child care in Canada for children younger than 6 years old, asks about the different types of early learning and child care arrangements that families use, difficulties some families may face when looking for care, as well as reasons for not using child care.
The Survey on Early Learning and Child Care Arrangements (SELCCA) has been linked to various administrative data sources:
- 2017 T1 Family File (T1FF)
- 2018 Canadian Child Benefit (CCB)
- 2016 Census of Population – Short-Form
- Longitudinal Immigration Database – 1980 to 2017 (IMDB)
- Index of remoteness and accessibility
|2019-2020||Survey on Early Learning and Child Care Arrangements|