Eligibility criteria and applicant requirements
To be eligible, the applicant must be a Ph.D. student enrolled full-time at a Canadian university. The applicant must submit the following:
1. A complete application, online, through the CRDCN website (which includes permission to use the applicant’s photo for communication purposes); and
2. A letter from the Ph.D. supervisor that uses the CRDCN template and confirms that:
- the applicant is enrolled in a Ph.D. program in a Canadian university;
- the applicant has successfully completed all comprehensive examinations;
- the applicant’s thesis proposal has been approved and at least one chapter will use RDC data;
- the applicant has received an approval from Statistics Canada for access to the RDC data; and
- if the applicant is successful, the $1,200 will be transferred to the applicant via the supervisor’s home university.
CRDCN Emerging Scholars Grant recipient requirements
CRDCN Emerging Scholars Grant recipients agree to:
- accept the invitation to join the “Emerging Scholars” channel on the CRDCN Communities of Practice space;
- acknowledge the use of the RDC and the support of the CRDCN in their thesis and other outputs related to the research conducted in the RDC (e.g. conference presentations, scientific publications, etc.);
- inform the CRDCN when their thesis is successfully submitted by completing the CRDCN researcher survey;
- complete CRDCN’s one-page “research-policy snapshot” upon completion of the proposed research and grant permission to CRDCN to edit it for clarity and promotional purposes; and
- accept the invitation to collaborate with CRDCN to present my research findings at my home university and/or via CRDCN channels.
Click here to apply to the CRDCN Emerging Scholars Grant.
Candidates can apply online any time during the year, provided they meet the criteria and applicant requirements described above. The applications will be processed three times per year according to the following schedule:
- Applications received from December 1 to March 31: grants will be awarded by May 15.
- Applications received from April 1 to July 31: grants will be awarded by September 15.
- Applications received from August 1 to November 30: grants will be awarded by January 15.
For more information about this grant, contact email@example.com