2023 Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) Winter Series
February 14, 2023 to February 17, 2023
11:30AM to 4:30PM
February 14-17th, the Digital Research Alliance of Canada (Alliance) and the Alliance Federation will be offering an introductory digital research tools webinar series for humanities, arts and social sciences researchers.
These are beginner-level sessions. No prior experience or knowledge is required. These sessions are FREE to attend.
Tools available through the Alliance and Federation will be discussed, as well as some out-of-the-box tools available to Canadian researchers, and additional information and techniques relevant for digital research projects.
You may register for as many or as few of the sessions as you wish. Program details and registration links can be found at https://hss23.netlify.app/
- Introduction to Alliance Support for Humanities and Social Sciences Research
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Introduction to Voyant
- Introduction to the Unix Command Line
- Introduction to OpenRefine
- Introduction to Programming in Python
- Introduction to Programming in R
- Sensitive Data Project
- Research Data Management (RDM) for Humanists
- Data Management Plan (DMP) Assistant
- Machine Learning for HSS
- Using Voyant and Spyral
- Web Scraping with R
- Authoring dynamic scientific documents with Markdown & Quarto
- Bring Your Own Project
Most sessions are offered in both French and English.
All humanities and social sciences researchers and students are welcome!
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.